Only One Week Left!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
tracylacey73

Only One Week Left!!

Post by tracylacey73 »

I just finished week 8! Only one week left... can I actually do this???? After multiple attempts, I've never officially completed the program. And this time it took me 6 months :oops: But just three runs left! Anyone else close to or on their last week, too?

I've also just discovered a love of trail running. Not sure why I always thought I had to be on pavement, but because of the heat, I found a nice shady trail and LOVE IT!

I'm feeling pretty great right now & had to share. But enough about me... How is everyone else doing?
ColinD69

Re: Only One Week Left!!

Post by ColinD69 »

You are doing great!!! And you will finish the last three runs EASILY! :) Running trails is great fun and I think much more interesting than running along streets. Just feels somehow more natural!

Keep on pushing and be sure to let us all know how you get on!! Welcome to the graduation ...almost! :)

Colin
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

I'm going do my last week 9 run today. Can't believe I've made it this far! Good luck to you with the final week tracylacey!!
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

Thanks, Colin and Lanclass! And congrats to you both for finishing! Two week 9 runs are in the books... Only one run to go! I'm signed up for a charity 5k this Saturday which works out perfectly, as long as I can get the last run in this Wednesday.

I'm curious to know what everyone's plans are post-program? I'm thinking of starting a bridge to 10k next. I saw where some folks just keep running week 9 which is probably what I should do to get faster, but I'd really prefer to keep increasing my distance.
LancLass

Post by LancLass »

I thought I'd start by using the local Parkrun 5K event to build up a bit more speed and then move on to increasing the distance. I've been challenged to run a half marathon in Barcelona in February so I might try and do a 10K in the autumn too. I know that others have asked about a 10K app. Any updates?!?
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

Lanclass, that sounds similar to my goals as well. I don't have a half marathon that I'm targeting, but it is on my bucket list and I'm not getting any younger! The 10k app I have is the Runhelper Connect Bridge to 10k. It doesn't compare to Get Running & Claire But I guess it will do. :roll: Not sure when I'll start it, since I have that 5K this weekend and may work on my 5K speed a bit first, too.

I failed to mention that I actually completed my last run yesterday! Yeah - go me!!! And after running the wooded trails, I went back to my flat, paved trail and was a lot faster than before! That's what made me want to work on my speed before starting the 10k program, I want to get my 5K time to 30 minutes or less and yesterday's time was very encouraging!!
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Congrats on finishing!! You are a Star! :) I reckon you should start increasing your distance by 10% each week and build up to 10K. As well as maybe once a week just simply running one mile quick as you comfortably can to build up speed. You will find as you increase endurance and working on a quick one mile run, that you speed will pick up pretty quickly!! Let me know how you get on Tracy. Have fun! :)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Good job! My last runs are next week. After that I'm not sure what app I'll use. I do now I plan on increasing my runs about 5 minutes a week until I'm up to an hour.
tracylacey73

Post by tracylacey73 »

Way to go! Let me know what app you choose next, I'm very curious about what's out there. I tried RunHelper Bridge to 10K, but it was too much too soon for me, so I then went to RUnHelper Ease into 10K and just finished the 3rd week of it. The program is not as difficult as Bridge, but is more difficult than a Couch to 10K program. The app is certainly no Get Running & Claire, but it gives me prompts on when to walk/run and tells me when I'm halfway. It also lets me listen to music/podcasts and run a GPS while using the app, so I'm content :) In fact, it has a GPS feature, but I turn it off because I've been using Runkeeper for a while.

Hope this helps. Best of luck to you!
Tracy
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

I used Map My Run yesterday and liked it. Mapped my route, kept track of distance, time, calories, etc. With my last run being this Friday I'll probably experiment more next week.