Week 5 Run 3 -- Completed EARLY!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
b1wutx

Week 5 Run 3 -- Completed EARLY!

Post by b1wutx »

I can't believe I did the run 3 today!

I was suppose to do week 5 run 1 today, but the last couple days I got so nervous about the run 3, even reading through some of the posts about w5r3 didn't calm my nerve. I could hardly wait to run today's run, but I was super nervous about the upcoming run 3.

This morning I started out telling myself that I am just going to run according to the plan, at the end of the first 5 minute run I told myself,"just go another minute." after another minute, I didn't feel any different, so I just kept running. I ran through the 3 minute walk, then ran through the 2nd 5 minute run, and I just kept going until the last 5 minute run was over.

I CAN"T believe that I ran continuously for 21 minutes. THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME I EVER RAN THIS LONG!!!
It felt SO GOOD to be able to do this.Afterwards I didn't feel exhausted or sore. I made sure I stretch really good though.

Now, my question is should I follow the plan still or should I go into week 6?

Thank you so much for this app that got me running this far!!!
Bing
Todd H

Re: Week 5 Run 3 -- Completed EARLY!

Post by Todd H »

Good job! You can always move ahead and if it doesn't go as well as you'd like go back and repeat a run. I got sick a couple of times into the program and changed it up some to compensate.
b1wutx

Post by b1wutx »

Thanks!
I did the run again today for 21 minutes non stop.
I think I will do 21 minutes for this week, and next week increase to 23 minutes.
Still can't get over the fact that I was able to run non stop.

This would not be possible had it not been for this app.
alice92

Post by alice92 »

Well done on completing Week 5, run 3. I completed the stage myself today so totally get how you feel. Such an achievement. :D
S@M

Post by S@M »

Wow!
Great job!

I'm gonna run on Sunday the 3rd run of week 5.... I can't imagine what it Will feel like
The same thing happend once with me, in stead of running 5 min, I keep running minutes langer: 15 minutes , since then I start beleving in myself and running has become fun en relaxing