Just one more run and I'm done! Happy & sad...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Truebrit

Just one more run and I'm done! Happy & sad...

Post by Truebrit »

Week 9 Run 2 is under my belt, and I only have one more to go to the finish line! I am having bittersweet feelings about it, though; happy to have come this far (I can't believe it!), but sad that I will only have that lovely, cheerful English lass encouraging me as I go for one more run. I am going to miss the brilliant Get Running app very much, and I'm feeling a bit melancholy. *sniff*
Truebrit

Re: Just one more run and I'm done! Happy & sad...

Post by Truebrit »

Done!! I'm an official Get Running graduate! I am in awe of what I have achieved with this app. Thank you, Benjohn Barnes!
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

A most hearty congratulations to you!! I hope you keep it up and get loads of enjoyment and good health from running! :)
Truebrit

Post by Truebrit »

ColinD69 wrote:A most hearty congratulations to you!! I hope you keep it up and get loads of enjoyment and good health from running! :)
Thank you so much, ColinD69! When I began this journey on September 5, I could barely run for a minute. I was also wondering if I'd be able to complete the program at my mature age. (53.) I am amazed that not only have I been able to complete it, but that I actually look forward to my runs and feel very disappointed if I'm unable to find time to run. How far are you in the program? Or have you completed it, too?
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

:-) Superb and well done!

Thank you for the thanks, but make sure you stay in awe of yourself. Get Running just tells you when to stop ;-)
Todd H

Post by Todd H »

Congrats! It's a great feeling isn't it?
ColinD69

Post by ColinD69 »

Hiya!

Thanks for posting on my injury! I graduated quite a while ago now and have ran a few 10k races. During a training run my left foot landed in what I that was just surface water but it actually turned out to be a pot hole in the pavement!! I badly twisted my ankle and strained / tore various muscles / tendons in my lower leg. Hurt like HELL!! Anyway, it is starting to heal to a point where I can now start some very easy recovery training plans. Fingers crossed that it holds up! Lol

So happy you are enjoying your running, it is pretty addictive! Don't you agree?? What are your plans now??