I did it!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
dagix

I did it!

Post by dagix »

I never thought it was possible but I did it! I actually ran week 5 run 3 without stopping! It wasn't superfast and it wasn't sexy but I did it. She, the voice, told me that I was now a runner and I laughed out loud as I was huffing and puffing . I can't wait for the next run ! :D
siduff

Re: I did it!

Post by siduff »

Well done dagix! :D :D

You are a runner! Its a great feeling after that run, i was excited i thought i was going to pop.

Well done again
dagix

Post by dagix »

Thank you! It was a great feeling!
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Well done, I got emotional and nearly burst out crying :)
I can now run 25 mins going onto week 7
Rascalini

Post by Rascalini »

Fair play to you!!!

It's great to hear people doing it! I have mine coming up at the end I the week, in a bit nervous about it!! Have you any tips for me 
jilliana

Post by jilliana »

Congratulations!

I've been really nervous about that run, so I've been slowly working my way up to it. I ran Wk5Run1 for an entire week, and I'm running Wk5Run2 this entire week. After the last couple of days of being able to handle the 8 minute runs (even adding in a third eight minute section to really push myself) I finally feel like I might be able to get through a whole 25 minutes.
dagix

Post by dagix »

The trick is to just get through 5 minutes at a time. Take a deep breath and do the next 5 and so on. It works!
ironmanhw

Post by ironmanhw »

this is so great!!! i read your post and remember the time i started to run.
i felt exactly like you. it's a wonderful feeling of satisfaction.
keep running and improve you achievements.
GOOD LUCK!!!