How did you find Week 3?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Hodders

How did you find Week 3?

Post by Hodders »

I am about to start week 3 and I am struggling to see how I'm going to run for 3 mins! I can't jog much slower than I do already.

I am surprising myself though and I didn't think I would be able to jog for 90 secs this week, but somehow I have managed it.

I am about 3 and a half stones overweight and was a useless runner at school, so it's nice to be able to achieve this.

I look forward to each run, although I haven't lost any weight yet, I'm hoping I will once I increase the runs.
Sunshine71

Re: How did you find Week 3?

Post by Sunshine71 »

My 1st day if week 3 was yesterday. I had to think twice about it because i couldn't imagine me running for 3 minutes solid!! But i did it & I am so pleased...... :D
I was like you, I never ran anywhere before, but I think trying is better than sitting on the couch....so go u, well done *clapping!*
Christianh

Post by Christianh »

Just stick at it. Don't overthink it. The program is designed to be achievable and if you do what it says barring any injuries you should be able to achieve the target each time.

I've found that every step up is scary and yet manageable in the end. I've just done W6R3 which is the first 25minute run. Scared the hell out of me but I did it. If I can then so can you.

A lot of this is psychological so don't overthink it or you'll find reasons to fail.
Hodders

Post by Hodders »

Thanks, I have done 2 runs this week now and have managed ok.

By the time I get to the end of the 3 mins I feel like I want to stop and catch my breath for a second but I do carry on walking.

It's amazing and I am loving it at the moment!
Sunshine71

Post by Sunshine71 »

roll on week 4 now............... ahhhh!!!!
Dreading this a bit, but as I have dreaded starting every other week I hope that when I start its not as bad as I thought it'd be.....fingers x'd! :shock: