Let me re-introduce myself

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Simongeorge

Let me re-introduce myself

Post by Simongeorge »

Hello, allow me to re-introduce myself, my name is Simon, (obviously!), I'm 44 and from Swansea in the UK. I first used this app about 3 years ago, but a few weeks after completing the programme, without the pressure from the app, I went back to doing nothing, after about a year, I tried again with the same result, so here I am on the third attempt, currently having completed the first run of week five, although as I have a reasonably active lifestyle, I am not sticking to the rota religiously but skipping runs along the way. The thing that really helped me through the first time was having virtual running buddies in here, there were about four of us on the same schedule, so we kept up with each other and compared notes.
Holly

Re: Let me re-introduce myself

Post by Holly »

Hi!
Not sure I'm the best running buddy as very new to it, but just completed the last run of week 5 this morning and so proud of myself! If you are skipping runs I might not be able to keep up as taking this very steady :)
Simongeorge

Post by Simongeorge »

Hi I'm going out for week 5 run3 tonight, I'm going to take it fairly steady from here anyway, it's good to know there's someone else out there, these forums are very quiet theses days.
clownspocket

Post by clownspocket »

Hi guys i'm still about every now and again.

I completed the program in early mid Jan and have just been doing 5k runs usually 3 times per week but have been a bit slack lately and only done two runs in two weeks. I'm back on it now and have done 2 runs this week so far and heading out tomorrow, I think the first one was tough as its amazing how quickly you lose fitness. If I can do it anyone can............... never been a runner
Holly

Post by Holly »

Hi!
Just ran wk6 r2 and found it surprisingly tough. I didn't feel like running when I woke up, but tried a mind over matter approach - I completed it but at a very slow pace and it definitely wasn't fun. Sitting here trying to persuade myself that the next 25 min run can't be as bad...? Hopefully this is just one bad run and nothing more :(
Rowan

Post by Rowan »

I'm just starting with Week 1, although I have to say I'm more 'fast walking' than running - however I have to start somewhere I suppose