Running in the snow?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lisa

Running in the snow?

Post by Lisa »

Hi all,
Do you run in the snow, I'm gutted as I can't get out, is it possible? Don't want to slip and so haven't tried.
Lisa :)
Phnormal

Re: Running in the snow?

Post by Phnormal »

Not braved it either! Have a treadmill in my garage so lucky in this weather!
Sweaty Swede

Post by Sweaty Swede »

Hi, I recently bought some chains for my shoes..I live in Italy not sure if they are available where you are and to be honest I haven't tried them yet but I've been told they will make it possible to keep running without sliding. They are like the chains for your car!

The brand is SCHUHKRALLE and cost 25euros.

http://www.gipfelshop.de/ausruestung/st ... kralle.php

Good luck!

Jessica
Sweaty Swede

Post by Sweaty Swede »

After writing this I can now confirm, THEY WORK!

They gave a little pain on the balls of feet though so may need to wear extra thick socks for padding. Was so great, I think there may have been an extra spring in my step. Puddles, ice and snow balls, no problema!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

That's awesome! Well done trying that out and finding they work – I admire your determination!
PicNic

Post by PicNic »

I'm in Calgary Alberta and running in the cold and snow is just the way it has to be for me ;)
I don't mind it though, I just really watch my footing when it's icy but the sidewalks are usually bare. I just layer my clothing and go :D
ironmanhw

Post by ironmanhw »

Yeah, I think it really depends on the snow- if it's heavy snow, dry snow, running in it can be real fun, I do it every winter. That's why it worked for the Canadian here. :) Great link for the shoe chains, sounds real cool. I'll have to check it out.