Feeling a bit sick

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lazy_Laura

Feeling a bit sick

Post by Lazy_Laura »

I only started this morning,and really enjoyed it, once I got going. The only problem I encountered was that when I slowed down from a run to a walk, on a couple of occasions I felt like I was going to be sick. I was out really early, but I did eat a banana before I went. Anyone any suggestions what my problem might be? Or is it just cos my body has no recollection of what exercise is??!!

If I'm honest I actually felt better when I was running, rather than the inbetween bits. :?
KJE76

Re: Feeling a bit sick

Post by KJE76 »

I find that too! I feel much better running on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Whether this is a good idea or not I don't know...?
I also find that running makes me think I need the loo but during the break this goes away, but once I start running the sensation returns...? (Is that too much info?! Ha)
jessicaboykin

Re: Feeling a bit sick

Post by jessicaboykin »

I almost always feel nausea when I run. The most I can have before a run is a banana. Running on an empty stomach helps, but even then sometimes I still feel like I'm going to throw up. So you are not alone.