keep at it!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
runjustrun

keep at it!

Post by runjustrun »

Hi all, I'm just returning to this forum after two years to let you all know what can be achieved after completing this program. Two years ago i couldn't run for more than a min or so, chanced upon this program, stuck with it and completed 5k. Afterwards I signed up for a 10k run and a half marathon, did the training and completed both events in the same year i started running. The next year (last year) I entered a hilly half marathon in Pembrokeshire, it was hard but I did it! I also entered two Sprint distance triathlons, even though I couldn't swim at the start of last year, and did the half marathon I did the year before again, as it is held in my city. This year, only 3 weeks ago I completed an iron distance triathlon, which consisted of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 miles run. What I'm letting you all know is this, have faith in this program and yourself, anything really is possible. Two years ago i would have never have believed I could do all that, but if I can then so can you all. Good luck to everyone starting on your journey, don't give up, take it slow, the skies the limit! :)