Hi all have a question...

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Lovinglife

Hi all have a question...

Post by Lovinglife »

I am looking through the forum here and does not seem to be much activity, am I just not seeing them or is this site really that slow? I am going to use the program either way but I do enjoy the chat forums. They can really help us older folks just starting out.
Thanks!
matt

Re: Hi all have a question...

Post by matt »

It seems to go in fits and starts--partly it seems to be seasonal, with spring (in the northern hemisphere, at least!) being the most popular season to start running :)

People are certainly still buying the Get Running app, though unlike when we started there are a lot of other apps following the C25K plan out there now, which I'm guessing is spreading people more thinly across more places to talk... Hopefully you'll find a few kindred spirits around, though!

Benjohn (the original iOS app developer) and I are still around, and we've both been through the plan and got running!

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Ready4this

Post by Ready4this »

Hi All, yes I have to agree I was disappointed to see so few "active" forums here too.

This ap was recommended to me by a personal trainer so I was excited to get stuck in!! Hopefully once I get into the swing of it I will figure out the best way to communicate with other members!

Btw... feel free to message me to introduce yourself!! ;) :) 8-)

PS. Matt, how did you get your profile pic up?? :?
Val Lynam > Ready4this :)
matt

Post by matt »

Ready4this wrote: PS. Matt, how did you get your profile pic up?? :?
From the drop-down menu next to your name, top-right, choose "Profile". Then "Edit Profile", and you should be able to upload a picture on the "Edit Avatar" tab. Let me know if you have any problems!

Cheers,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
cobber

Post by cobber »

lovinglife - how is your training going?
I am a newbie just starting out.
Where are you based.
I am in Ireland