Facebook share

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
lesgastonjohnston

Facebook share

Post by lesgastonjohnston »

I am a newbie to get running and i started on my first run this morning and wanted to share my achievement on Facebook so i shared it through the app and when i checked later, nothing. Can the admin or someone explain why!!!!!!

I am using the android format.
matt

Re: Facebook share

Post by matt »

Hi Les,

Sorry about the problem you're experiencing. I just did a test run from Get Running for Android and it showed up on my Facebook okay, so the problem may be specific to your phone or Facebook account settings. To investigate, I'll need just a little more detail, please. Can you tell me:

* What make and model of phone/device you have?
* What version of Get Running you're using? (You can check by tapping the settings icon top right of the Get Running home screen; the version number will be below "About Get Running" at the bottom of the page.)
* Do you see the message "Status Sent" after you tap the "Send to Facebook" button in Get Running (You can re-try sharing your last run by tapping the little "speech bubble" icon top right of the Get Running home screen and choosing "Compose Update Now".)

Thanks,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
lesgastonjohnston

Hi Matt,
Thank for coming back.
The phone i am using is a HUAWEI Y550 L01 and the version of Get Running is 3.11.

I re-sent the post again and the it said the post was successful but still nothing on my facebook at 18.58 hrs. It could be my settings on Facebook but not sure what to do to change them so i receive the post from Get Running.

Best regards.

Les
matt

Post by matt »

Thanks for the info, Les.

Facebook's settings can be a bit arcane and fiddly. They should default to allowing Get Running to post, but it's worth double-checking.

In Facebook, the app settings can be found from your Facebook home page, then hover over "Apps" in the left-hand sidebar. You should see the word "more" appear, click that, then click "Settings". This link might take you straight there.

Find Get Running in the grid of apps (you may need to hit "Show All" to expand the grid) and click the little pencil icon to edit the settings. You should find that Get Running has permission to post on your behalf, and that the "App visibility and post audience" are set to something reasonable, like "Friends".

Can you confirm that Get Running is at least in the list of apps there, and that the visibility is set to at least Friends?

Thanks,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
lesgastonjohnston

Matt,
Yes Get Running is in the list of apps and is set to friends.

Les
matt

Post by matt »

Hrm. Can you humour me and change the visibility from "Friends" to "Public", save the settings, and try posting from the app again, please? That might give me a clue as to what's going on behind the scenes.

Thanks,

Matt
lesgastonjohnston

Matt,
Still no joy i'm afraid. I'm puzzled too.
Les
lesgastonjohnston

Matt, i have even turned my facebook to public view, so everybody can see me.

Les