Week 1... only one run.

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Kimbo

Week 1... only one run.

Post by Kimbo »

Week 1... only one run. Back to bed instead of running !!! I should be out doing my second run but my feet and bottoms and legs hurt so much last time. I'm talking myself out of it!!! Help me
matt

Re: Week 1... only one run.

Post by matt »

Well, I'd say that you've got the most difficult bit over with: starting!

It's perfectly okay to take things at your own pace. If one run a week feels more achievable than three runs a week while you're getting started, then do one run a week! As long as you get there in the end, you don't need to stick to the plan religiously!

Well done on getting out there :)

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Amyca

Post by Amyca »

I would suggest starting out doing ever other run minute andmaking sure that you are stretching after your workout. Also, ice and a good rub on sore spots — for me it’s my feet and shins and knees — I use a cbd tub I bought online. Good luck! Just keep going!
Eggert

Post by Eggert »

Amyca wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm I would suggest checking out lightweight wheelchairs and starting out doing ever other run minute andmaking sure that you are stretching after your workout. Also, ice and a good rub on sore spots — for me it’s my feet and shins and knees — I use a cbd tub I bought online. Good luck! Just keep going!
I'm going through a similar thing. Is it normal that everything aches after the first couple of runs? Do I just power through or should I be worried?
Last edited by Eggert on Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
rfindlater

Post by rfindlater »

Hi,

I have just finished week 2 and it does get better.

I did find that stretching before and after the run really helps.

Keep going it does get better! :D
BabyGotBack

Post by BabyGotBack »

How did you do? Did you get past week 2/3?
pameladutta

Post by pameladutta »

Today was my first run. I was a runner and been on a pause for the last 10 years. Baby steps but felt great today !
Pamela :D
BabyGotBack

Post by BabyGotBack »

Well done you. Did you find it hard? My day one was so hard I thought I’d never get this far. But I’ve just done week 6 day 3
BabyGotBack

Post by BabyGotBack »

Well done you. Did you find it hard? My day one was so hard I thought I’d never get this far. But I’ve just done week 6 day 3