Run logs

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Marietu3

Run logs

Post by Marietu3 »

Hi,
Wondering if the app keeps information in the run logs, like time and distance? I see where to delete the logs, but not how to open them. Do they open? Or is the whole log just the date and which run you did?
Thanks!
matt

Re: Run logs

Post by matt »

Hi,

Nope, it's just the date and the fact that you did it. We've considered adding GPS tracking to the app, but I think it can overcomplicate a process that should be as simple as possible when you're first starting out, especially as GPS can be unreliable in many areas (cities with many tall buildings, forests, etc.) and doesn't work on a treadmill.

Regards,

Matt
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Scott from NH

Re: Run logs

Post by Scott from NH »

Marietu3 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:23 pm Hi,
Wondering if the app keeps information in the run logs, like time and distance? I see where to delete the logs, but not how to open them. Do they open? Or is the whole log just the date and which run you did?
Thanks!
Far as I can tell this app doesn't track times and distance. But you can use the free version of Run Keeper to do that. I've been using both as I'm wanting to measure my progress more than just by competition of runs/weeks.