Just finishing week 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Redro

Re: Just finishing week 2

Post by Redro »

I guess "race" is not the right word - because for me I am not racing to beat anyone - I am just running for the fun of running with other people and for the challenge of getting fit and being able to complete the distance. Running into the stadium after running 56 ks non stop around the Cape Peninsula has to be one of the best experiences of my life - up there with flying off Table Mountain in a hang glider in the 70's. Aaah, the memories of "home".
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Sounds idilic! Yeah , i meant race in the broardest sense. Just not sure i want to go that route. Think I am a solitary runner :) Love having nothing but me and ideally the dogs :)
Redro

Post by Redro »

Just finished my first "race". 10 ks in Lyon. Messed up my calf muscle but carried on slowly and ran the whole way. Happy with that.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Well here I am back again after nearly a year and a half. Had an extended lay off over the winter - and just getting back into it again. Entered the ballot for the London Marathon yesterday - so here's hoping - will hear in October. Nominated charity is the Starlight Foundation. If I miss out for the LM will probably go for the Paris Marathon.
Redro

Post by Redro »

January 2015 and here I am back again! This now being my 60th year - time to get back into it again. Must be 5 years since I first used this app. Still the best running app around. Have had a lay off because of a torn hamstring - and here I am again - at the end of week 2 and feeling strong. This is probably something of a Late Life Crisis - but will keep running as long as I can. Goal is to keep on running 5ks every second day.
Neverfinish

Post by Neverfinish »

Hi,
My name is Leigh. I just finished Week 1. This is my third time trying with this program. I've never gotten past week 5! First time I had to stop due to illness and never got back to it. Second time I tore my meniscus cartilage and had to take 6 months off.
I'd love to finish it this time. Just need someone to keep me motivated to continue.

I'm using a treadmill as the weather her in New England is quite harsh this time of year. Right now we having freezing rain and black ice! Today was quite warm ranging from 14F- 40F (-5C to 4C). But this week temps have been as low at 6F or -10C.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Good luck this time round Leigh! I live in the hills an hour NW of Lyon, France. It is starting to snow lightly. Hope to get out for a jogging session at lunch time. Looking forward to summer!
Neverfinish

Post by Neverfinish »

Started Week 2 today. I was going to wait till tomorrow since that it when I was supposed to start, but I figured I'd rather do it today instead of sitting on the couch! Lol
Sunshine71

Post by Sunshine71 »

Hi all, I did week 3, 1st run yesterday, surprised myself as I couldn't imagine running for 3 minutes non stop, but I didn't stop & found it not too bad!! Hooray :D