Just finishing week 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
tl302

Just finishing week 2

Post by tl302 »

Hi, my name is Tim and I will be finishing week 2 tomorrow. Didn't find the forum until tonight when I downloaded the update for the App. I will say the first week went better than I thought it would. Legs were a bit sore, but it went away quickly. Week 2 was a better, except I had to run on my treadmill inside because of the snow and ice. My dog was not very happy with me about that. She is a great motivator because she loves to run. Love the App and all the updates I receive on my progress during my run.

Thanks
framingblackcab

Re: Just finishing week 2

Post by framingblackcab »

Hi
we are at the same point of running, I found today really hard, but think it was due to the headwind. Do you find changing from treadmill to outdoor running difficult? I am worried that if I went on a treadmill I wouldn't get out again.
I am a dog owner but can safely say he is not a runner, to busy sniffing and pulling to go his way rather than mine.
Hope next week brings us good weather
tl302

Post by tl302 »

I would really prefer to run outside. I do find running on the treadmill easier because I can keep an even constant speed when either walking or running. It did take some getting used to. Almost fell off the first time I ran on it. Thank god for handles.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Just finished week 2....so far, so good - the knees have not konked in yet! Beautiful sunny day here in Lyon, France -really enjoyed the exercise today, in a park near the city. Dog did too! A 5 year old black lab - she started the programme with me, so I hope she will be able to keep up, as the mileage increases.

I think this app is great - especially the discipline to get out and do it. Also really enjoying seeing the miles build up on RunKeeper - another app, which records the details and map of you run each time. Very motivating. Aren't iPhones amazing? I also have the radio going as well - 3 apps going at once.

Have a good week all.

Cheers
Redro
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Just finished run one for week 3 and I have to tell you feel great. Was a little concerned about the 3 minute run but seemed to do it easily. I did spend a bit more time stretching before and after the run. It seemed to really help.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Well done tl302. I also did run 1 week 3 this evening and was surprised how well it went. I can fell my basic fitness improving quite quickly - and have to resist the temptation not to overdo it. I was surprised to see on my RunKeeper app that this was actually one of the shortest sessions so far - 30 minutes. Onwards and upwards! Before we know it we will be half way through the programme.
Cheers
Redro
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Just finished run 2 for week 3. I have to agree, I am happy with my performance so far. I am enjoying this program and have started looking forward to running. Enjoy Tim
framingblackcab

Post by framingblackcab »

He Redro and tl302
I have just posted under "preperations for my wedding" and meant to put it here as we are all at the same stage.
hope you are both having a good week.
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Wow had a great run today. Finished week 3 run 3. It definitely gets easier as you go. Looking forward to week 4.

Have a great weekend
Redro

Post by Redro »

Also looking forward to week 4 this week. 16 minutes of running each session this week. Will be make or break for my knee. Really enjoying the feeling of real progress I am making. Maisie, the lab, is getting fitter to. Have a good week guys. Look forward to hearing how you are going next weekend.
Cheers
Redro