Just finishing week 2

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Redro

Re: Just finishing week 2

Post by Redro »

The wheels have come off over here - had a shocker of a cold and cough plus a sore knee. Going back to week 6. Just a little temporary set back. Also off to London for the weekend and wont have a chance to run there.
framingblackcab

Post by framingblackcab »

Hi Redro, Tim and All
sorry to hear that you are feeling rough Redro, it must be a real bummer that your injuries are raising their ugly head when you have been doing so well to avoid them. Repeating a week sounds like a good idea and I hope you are back with a spring in your step soon.

Wow your first official 5K Tim that is great I keep thinking I should sign up for one but just not brave enough to take the plunge. You must let us know how you get on and I how it differs from running alone.

I have done a couple more 25 min runs which have gone fantastic, it feels just great and I am not dragging myself around in quite the same way as the first one, ( still not fast ) I can see and feel the improvement each time it is repeated. I have my last 25 to do either today or tommorow ( daughter has a 5 mile night hike with scouts so doesn't seem fair to get her out before it! )
Well hope you all have a good weekend,
Michelle
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Michelle,
I am looking forward to the 5k. Can't wait to do it. I will keep everyone updated after I finish it. Tomorrow I will finish my last 30 min run and close out my 9 weeks of training. Hard to believe I have been running for 9 weeks. I feel better than I have in years. Good luck with your last 25 min run. Nick I hope you feel better and enjoy London.

Have a great weekend

Tim
Redro

Post by Redro »

Enjoy your graduation run tomorrow Tim! There is a first hint of spring here in France so I am going to hit the road for a short run tomorrow - before I head off on Sunday.
Cheers
Nick
Last edited by Redro on Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Well finished week 9 run 3 and I could not be happier. I am confirmed for my 5K this Saturday and am really excited about it. Forecast for Saturday is sunny and 60 degrees, so it should be a beautiful day to run. I am currently re-running week 9 but have increased my speed a bit. I am averaging about 3.25 miles in 30 minutes. I will let you all know how I manage with the 5K on Saturday.

Have a great week and keep running.

Tim
Redro

Post by Redro »

Good luck on Saturday Tim. Sounds like your training is going really well. I have some catching up to do - heading home from London and have not run for over a week.
Cheers
Nick
tl302

First 5K

Post by tl302 »

Hey all. Finished my first 5K today. It was definitely a challenge running with about 200 people. My pace was a little slower, but I finished the 3.1 miles in under 35 minutes. Not my best time and I definitely need to run outside more than I have. I had a more difficult time with the hills here in Georgia, considering my treadmill doest have hills. But all in all i am thrilled with my progress. 10 weeks ago I would have never been able to do this. I want to thank Benjohn for the app that got me started and kept me motivated during the last 10 weeks. This app has truly changed my life. I also want to thank everyone on this forum for there personal stories and word of encouragement. It has truly helped me achieve my goal.

Thanks and have a great weekend
Redro

Post by Redro »

Congratulations Tim! Its great running in a fun run or a race with other's isn't it, a completely different experience. I dropped back from week 8 to week 5 - second run yesterday. Actually, its quite motivating to find how much easier those shorter runs have become. Anyway, I am in no hurry - have years of lethargy to throw off! Keep it up and have a good week. Michelle, I hope you are still going strong too!
Cheers
Nick
tl302

Post by tl302 »

Have another update here. Just received an email with the results of Saturdays 5K. Out of 667 people who ran I placed 203. I a very happy with that result and am actually looking at another 5K for the first weekend in April. My run today will be outside and I will give the treadmill a rest.

Have a great week.
Redro

Post by Redro »

Pity this is not like facebook - and you could click on "like"! Thats an excellent result, for a first race Tim - well done. I ran a leasurely 20 minutes this evening. The blossoms are out and the evenings are warmer and longer and it is a good feeling.
Cheers
Nick