Don't Give Up!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Emmamoo

Don't Give Up!

Post by Emmamoo »

Hi everyone, just wanted to offer some encouragement to people frustrated with injuries during c25k. Don't give up! I first started the programme on September 16 and I still haven't finished :lol: During that time I hurt my right thigh, my knees, had christmas and hurt my left thigh :roll: But I kept going, stepped back a week or two when I needed it, stopped running altogether and moved to the elliptical for a while when the thigh became unbearable but kept coming back to my get running app. Last night I finished week 6 for the second time and was SO proud of myself :D But I was so tempted to give up many times. Most of all tho, I want to finish. I want to run 5k. I'm convinced that some of my injury problems came from trying to run too fast before I'm ready so I've slowed right down and it's helped. I 'only' ran 2.8k in my 25 min run interval last night which is, I'm sure, criminally slow. But I could barely run a minute at the start and cried on day two during the sixth run because I found it so hard :lol: