Scary week 3!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Maria

Scary week 3!!

Post by Maria »

Completed week two yesterday and am a little concerned how I will manage to run for three minutes when at the moment 1.5 seems more than enough! I have run on treadmills for up to ten but am finding road running much harder. I am not carrying excess weight, just don't seem to have any stamina!! Any tips/encouragement gratefully received!!
tl302

Re: Scary week 3!!

Post by tl302 »

Maria,
I find running on the treadmill easier because I can control the pace. Stamina seemed to be a issue when I started out, but I kept a nice even pace, listened to some good up beat music and pushed through it. The first run of every week seems to be the hardest, they get easier after that because you have already done it.

Stay with it.

Tim
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

I think most people find treadmill running is easier than road running, so don't worry that you find it hard on the road.

You're already doing nicely finishing two :-) If you find week three is too much, you can keep on with week two for a few more runs.

My suggestion is to give week three a try and try to take it nice and slowly. You might be used to a faster treadmill pace that is much tougher to sustain outside. Let yourself adjust to running on the road and find the pace that you can run at comfortably. If you do find week three is too big a jump at the moment, then do a few more runs of week two.

Okay – got to help children with breakfast :-)

Happy running!
jules71

Post by jules71 »

Hi Maria I too was a bit scared at the thought of week 3 but after doing 2 seasons I am finding it easier than I though and could have carried on on my sEcond 3 minute run.
Good luck
Maria

Post by Maria »

Hi thanks for all the useful advice. I did my first run of week three today and the first run of three minutes was tough but the second wasn't so bad, probably as I knew I had already managed one! I did slow the pace a little and did push through. I don't feel so daunted by the next one now. Thanks for the support.
Maria

Re: Super duper trainers!

Post by Maria »

Have bought some new trainers from a great running shop. I was video'd running and had to run round the block in various trainers. Excellent service! Looking forward to tomorrows run! Although, have a cold coming but don't want to break the cycle, so figures crossed will be up to it tomorrow.
Dirlo

Post by Dirlo »

My friend and I just did run 1 of week 3 yesterday and I was really nervous about having to run for 3 min. My friend's cousin ran with us and he runs faster than us but I just kept my pace and didn't try to keep up with him so that I could do the whole thing! I'm def proud of myself for doing it and my friend and I are excited about the 5k we're signed up for in Disneyland in Sept. I know I can easily walk the whole thing in their time requirements. But I plan on being able to run the whole thing which I've never ever been able to do!
teapot53

Post by teapot53 »

i was teriffied starting week 3, i smoked 20 a day and only quit a month ago, this app is unbelievable! week 3 seems hard but its actually easy once you get into it! im doing run 2 of week 4 today and to be honest the 3 mins runs now feel like 1 mins runs! keep going and face the fear!