Week 5 run 3

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
K8ty

Week 5 run 3

Post by K8ty »

Just finished Wk 5 run3,the first 20 minutes without walking. It was the longest I've ever run in my life. I really feel so happy and a little bit proud ;)
Other people's posts have encouraged me to keep going when I've found it tough so I just wanted to say keep going to anyone starting out.I've wanted to quit so many times but it's worth it to plough through. Can't wait to make it to the end!
tl302

Re: Week 5 run 3

Post by tl302 »

Great job. My week 5 run 3 is this Friday. I am looking forward to it.

Tim
LilH

Post by LilH »

I don't normally post on forums, but thought someone might be able to clear something up for me.

I have my Week 5 Run 3 tomorrow, and I'm petrified! I can honestly say I'm nervous.....so much so that I'm not even drinking a drop of alcohol tonight....AND IT'S FRIDAY!!!! I've been OK up to now with the running, but this has been hanging over me for weeks.....it's all I can think about!

Is this normal behaviour (the nerves, not the drinking (or lack of it?))????

I'm filled with issues of self-doubt. What if I can't do it? What if I have to stop half way through and have to start again.....I'll be crushed.

T (or should that be 'R'?) minus 19 hrs!
Baseeton

Post by Baseeton »

Don't worry if you have to slow down a little during your run. I recently completed week 6 and when I did the run you are dreading I had to slow down some after 15 minutes. I kept going with the program and when I got to the next long run I did it without slowing down. Listen to your body and don't overdo it. You will do great! :D
LilH

Post by LilH »

Thanks for the tips Baseeton. I managed it, although it was pretty hard after the 15 minute mark as you mentioned! Maybe that's the pain barrier! Have to admit I had rather smug smile when I'd completed it (or perhaps that was just a grimace!?).

Week 6 run 1 completed today which was so much easier than Saturday......looking forward to Thursday!!!

Good luck with the rest of the program!