My NEW Running BOOK and need your help to promote (Not trying to sell, Advice needed)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
JustFinish

My NEW Running BOOK and need your help to promote (Not trying to sell, Advice needed)

Post by JustFinish »

Hello all, my name is Sean.

I have written a running book called Just Finish!

As I have self published I am in need of help promoting it.

I have twitter, a book Facebook page, Instagram which I update at least 3 times a day.

I am looking for some advice and places I can promote it. Websites, forums, etc.

I am also wanting to support local independent book stores with a 50/50 split of the revenue. So I am looking for some shops to approach within 25mi of HD8.

I am trying to get it on Amazon, but it is harder and more complex than it should be. BUT I have it on eBay and Payhip for people to buy.

NOT SURE IS I CAN POST HERE. But I would like people to have access to the link to post on their running group pages etc. please PM me if you would like the link

My book is a true story that follows my journey from sitting on a lumpy futon, overweight, out of shape and picking Pringle shards out of my navel, to me running a 50K ultra-marathon. It’s not a new story it’s just told from the perspective of a “grassroots runner” who just wanted to finish the races I entered.

It’s about my struggles, my achievements, the barriers, the pain, the people I met and how I pushed myself to the brink while trying to achieve things I never thought possible.

My story is not a fat-to-fit story, it’s a fat-to-fat story; I found out too late in my journey that running miles and miles without considering other factors was not necessarily the best way to lose weight, but the benefits of my running journey transcended what the scales told me every Monday morning.

My story may not appeal to the elite runner, as there will be no mention of 6- to 8-minute miles, finishing in the top ten, or any Olympic qualifications. My story is more for the wannabe runner, the runner who is just starting out and the runner who feels more comfortable running 14- to 18-minute miles; the runner who will check the time of the previous year’s race results to see what the slowest time was before they enter; the runner who has to phone the race organiser to see if there is a cut off time in the longer races; or the runner who will walk just out of view of the people at the finish, then turn on the jets for the last 100-metre sprint finish. All things I have done during my running journey (and still do).

I am new to this so any support and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks