Anyone running in 2020?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
BabyGotBack

Anyone running in 2020?

Post by BabyGotBack »

Anyone out there in 2020?
matt

Re: Anyone running in 2020?

Post by matt »

Sadly our forums have been a bit quiet recently. I think a lot of online forums have suffered a bit from the takeover of the behemoths that are Facebook and Twitter!

I just wanted to pop in here and say that you're definitely not alone. I'm the forum admin, but I'm also right now I'm trying to get back to a weight where I can jog without hurting my knees, and it might be a few months in the making, but I'm hoping to go through the Get Running plan from scratch later on this year, as I really did love running when I was doing it regularly, and it did keep me fit...
Matt. Splendid Things web guy and Android developer. Started running with Get Running in 2009. Three 10Ks and six half-marathons done since then :)
Ewli

Post by Ewli »

I just downloaded this app again, I haven’t had it in five-six years and I miss it! Used it many times in the past but I have never finished and made it to the last weeks...
This time I hope I will!
Happy to see that there are other people still using this app!
rantasam

Post by rantasam »

Yep! Did this app several years ago and eventually went on to do a half marathon - so it definitely works! Sadly life and cakes came along. I decided to do this programme again as something positive to achieve during this period of lockdown. Currently just finished wk4 run1 and it feels good to be making steady progress! Good luck to all others doing the app - stay safe.
InaJ

Post by InaJ »

Yes, just about to start run 3 of week 6! Looking forward to some exchange here - Corona & an old mate got me going. Really enjoyed it so far & discovered lots of lovely woods down the road in the process.
Tredders

Post by Tredders »

I also reinstalled the app after concentrating on weights for the last couple of year, and totally neglecting any form of cardio!

Consequently I can lift heavy, but get out of breath running up the stairs 🙄

I’m just about to go out of W2R3 - I usually prefer evening running, but it’s such a nice morning I’ll go out now.

It’d be good to get this little corner of the forum active again. It’s always good to chat to people going through the same journey as you.
Swallace

Post by Swallace »

Attempting to complete the program for the third time. I have joined this forum for encouragement and to be held accountable. I think this app is great. Maybe moving the group to FB would help with live interaction which is useful for people like me who start and don’t finish. But will keep checking for comments here and aim to complete it this time. 😊
Hlzb

Post by Hlzb »

Second attempt for me! First time round was 6 years ago when I managed to sprain my ankle badly in week 2!!!
This time round in week 3 and determine to finish.
Arby

Post by Arby »

I’m just starting week 2 at age 68 1/2!! I’ve never run though I do swim most days. I felt like a new challenge and this programme seemed achievable. I just want to feel the best I can for my age! Good luck to everyone else who’s starting out in this journey ⭐️ 🏃‍♀️ 🏃‍♂️......
jvdeby

Post by jvdeby »

I just finished the program last week, so tomorrow I need to use a different program to keep running. I am sad to switch away from the Get Running coach, Claire, because I love her voice, and she is really encouraging.