Question about how the app handles music

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
rij73

Question about how the app handles music

Post by rij73 »

I am 1 week into Couch to 5K using a different app, but this one looks like it might be better than what I have been using.

I am wondering how the app handles the music interruptions... I often exercise to podcasts, and I wouldn't want to miss anything. Does it pause your track while it speaks to you, or do you miss a segment of what you are listening to?

Thanks in advance!
benjohn

Re: Question about how the app handles music

Post by benjohn »

Hiya,

Absolutely! When Get Running talks to you, it fades your music or podcast and pauses it. When it's finished, it resumes your music / podcast. You shouldn't miss anything at all.

Which other C25K App are you using at the moment? If you switch, I'd love to hear how they compare!

Happy Running, either way,
Benjohn
rij73

Post by rij73 »

Thanks for the prompt reply! I'm going to buy your app and try it. I'll let you know... The app I'm using now is C25K. I really like it, but your app seems to have a little more coaching and encouragement built in which is what intrigues me.

The first 3 workouts have gone MUCH better than I expected, so I'm actually excited about running!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

The C25K program (it comes from Cool Running, and was developed by a splendid chap called Josh Clarke) is absolutely excellent. Having been through it, I absolutely know how exciting it is; it was a huge surprise to me that I was enjoying the exercise and wanting to get out and do it.

If you've enjoyed the first three workouts, then just keep on going like that and you'll be fine. You'll probably have a few hard runs, but don't let those put you off. Remember that you'll get to a point where 30 minutes of running feels just as good, or better than the workouts you're doing now. It's worth remembering that you can always do extra runs of a week, and also remember to take it easy until you're comfortably running for a good long time: you can get faster later.

All the best!
Benjohn
rij73

Post by rij73 »

Just want to update that yes, I switched to this app, and I like it for the extra encouragement and info from the voice. It works great, and I really like the real voice with the nice English accent. Makes it easy to stay motivated! :D