New Runner Concerns

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Atlas

New Runner Concerns

Post by Atlas »

So I am literally coming off the couch here guys. I decided I really needed to get into shape with how my family's health history is (diabetes ftl). So I just barely scraped by finishing Week 2 on Sunday (02/27/2011), and I was feeling pretty good With myself. I tried to start week 3 as suggested today but I couldn't squeak out the last minute of the last run. :( Now I'm wondering if I should re-run week 2 to try and get myself to where I actually should be because I committed a sin :( I've been running without reading the guide, and as such I have been following the "conversation rule" none at all. I've been getting serious stitches in my side due to my improper breathing on top of it too. So I guess my base question is should I re-start week 2 following the new rules, got back and start the whole program over, or just re-try this run and be better to my body this time?

And to all my other noob runners out there, definitely read the beginners guide.

Thanks a ton!
Dirlo

Re: New Runner Concerns

Post by Dirlo »

My friend and I are doing this together and we are in the middle of week 4. We decided to repeat week 3 because we didn't feel like we would be able to handle the two 5 min runs in week 4. I'm really happy we did because it's made week 4 so much easier. I just recommend rerunning week 2 and then trying week 3 again. I know you can do it! Just do your best and I know you can do it.
Irishchelle

Post by Irishchelle »

Hi guys, I'd suggest rerunning ur week 2 also. I'm just finished w3 but I'm gonna repeat it again. I finished it on the 3 occasions that I ran it but I'd prefer to have felt more comfortable. I'm due to go on holiday soon & I wont run there ( new york) so by repeating it it means I'll be more prepared for the dreaded week 5&6.
Pagandog

Post by Pagandog »

I am repeating each week. I am still feeling results and seeing results.