Week 1, Day 2 done.

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jtb0201

Week 1, Day 2 done.

Post by jtb0201 »

I've started using this app this week, and it seems quite good. I've noticed how different running in real life is to running on a treadmill, for me at least. I had started a while back a similar scheme from the Men's Health website, where the first week was the same, and on a treadmill it was not difficult. This however, is more challenging (not a bad thing).

My only grumble is that I'm getting pains in my calves and thighs, I'm just hoping that this will soon be a thing of the past!
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)
Jeanyjogger

Re: Week 1, Day 2 done.

Post by Jeanyjogger »

Hi. I've got a few days remaining on my gym membership and after reading a few comments I'm dreading jogging outdoors. The treadmill is so comfy but unrealistic. When I began exercising last year I had terrible shin splints. I got good trainers and after a while it disappeared. How much harder was jogging outside? I live in a hilly area :-@ week1 run2 completed.
Icklerose

Post by Icklerose »

Hi there i have just completed day 2 of week 1 yesterday and i am really enjoying it :) My right calf has been tight but i am sure it will ease off eventually. I know i probably do not run in the correct way so i am off to get a gait analysis done very soon. Being an overweight lady and also having Cystic Fibrosis gave me good excuses not to exercise so using this app in my phone is fabulous and filling me with enthusiasm.
jtb0201

Post by jtb0201 »

I just ran Week 2 day 2 today, and it's really going well :)

the pain in my legs ceased before sunday's run (day three) of week one, and i'm getting into the swing of it.

Running outside is a challenging thing, more so than a treadmill for me, but I'm getting used to it and happy to say that now I actually am enjoying my runs, and seeing myself progress.

If you live in a hilly area, just slow down when you're going up hill. I'm sure keeping the jogging/running-motion momentum is better than walking, even if it's just a confidence boost and mentality thing.

I want to start playing Ice hockey in Autumn, and so this is all part of wanting to shift weight and get fit, so that I stand a chance, and it's helping me lots :)

Keep going with stuff. Personally, I feel that I achieve a lot more by running outside - I can see the world going past me, and I get fresh air. Also, I used to find that on a treadmill I could just watch the TV in the gym and zone out of the running somewhat, whereas running outdoor I just focused on how much I was panting, but now I focus on my music, and look around at where I'm running. It's really good :)
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)