My Second Attempt

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
AndyBCFC

My Second Attempt

Post by AndyBCFC »

I initially started using the app in October last year but only lasted a week or two. In hindsight I made all the obvious mistakes, tried to push myself too hard etc, and it soon became a chore and I gave up.

Then recently I fell back into it almost by accident, after going for a few long walks and wondering if I'd be able to complete the whole 9 weeks. Today was week two, day three, and I was amazed at how much quicker I was recovering from each run/jog. I actually look forward to each new day of the app now, really enjoying it!
AndyBCFC

Re: My Second Attempt

Post by AndyBCFC »

I'm still going, completed week three yesterday morning.

Pleasantly surprised that I haven't struggled too much as the running time has increased. Week one was definitely the hardest, that's down to being so unfit when I started! I see that the running time goes up quite a bit over the next two weeks though so I'll have to see how it goes.
wrxmania

Post by wrxmania »

Well done - you'll get there.

Brian.
AndyBCFC

Post by AndyBCFC »

Lost track of things a bit after exams, illness and the laziness that followed me getting out of routine. Before that I'd completed the twenty minute run, which actually wasn't too bad. So it was frustrating to have stopped at that point! Really struggled to get back into it but have managed a couple of ten minute runs x2 with a walking break, so I should be fine to carry on with the longer runs.