Weight Management

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
maverickm

Weight Management

Post by maverickm »

Right, I started week 1 run 1 on Monday 2/5. It was the first time I felt confident running in public since I started slimming world last year (lost nearly 2 stone).
Mind you I live rurally and am not strictly running in public unless you could the sheep, cows and horses having a good gawp!

But can you believe it, that first evening I met 2 walkers and 3 people out with their dogs!
I did it though and am almost looking forward to run 2 later!

My question is, has anyone else here been dieting at the same time as starting this and how did it affect your weight-loss?

Ta!

Maverick Mummy x
Flossiross

Re: Weight Management

Post by Flossiross »

Hi, I started losing weight 2 yrs. ago, and started running because I needed a new goal. I found when I first started to run I gained a few pounds, but by week 5 that came off plus. I think the initial weight gain was just from building muscle in my legs. I'm starting week 9 and could not be happier. I've already done 1 5k, and am doing my second this Saturday. :D
caffrin

Re: Weight Management

Post by caffrin »

Hi I am about to do day 1, week 3. I didn't change my eating pattern in the first week, partly because it was Easter holidays and partly because I wanted to see if it made much if a difference. Well, I did lose 1lb! I am finding the more I run the more I want to eat more healthily though. I need to lose about 3 stone and am writing about it I a blog which helps too. Well done on your weight loss :)
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com