First run done!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
DarrenG

First run done!

Post by DarrenG »

Hello,

New member and new app user. I've been regularly attending a gym for a few years now. Had a major op on my leg 18mths ago (it was broken and a frame fitted and my leg stretched one inch to correct an earlier fracture) so needed to concentrate on getting basic fitness back first. Think I've done that now. I've lost 2st since January and feeling a million times better than I have for a long time.

Now I have had the Ok to start running but this app came highly recommended. First run was hard but fun and although my legs felt like lead after I'd finished I'm itching to do run 2 now.

Reading all the posts here it seems hard to believe that I will be able to run for 30mins after I finish the programme but I'm determined once I start something so fingers crossed. And a side benefit is I'm a journalist and I have a GPS Watch from Nike to review so this is the prefect test!
Jambros

Re: First run done!

Post by Jambros »

Hi Darren,

Well done on getting started this seems to me to be the biggest step as once you get started it's strangely addictive.

Good luck

J
DarrenG

Post by DarrenG »

Took me a whole week to recover from Run1, very painful quads. As soon as I was better I started Run 2 and am now coming to end of Week 2.

Addicted and love it even though every run is hard as hell!
Hitdude

Post by Hitdude »

Did run one today it was my first run in years I totally enjoyed it can't wait for run two it's going to be tough but bring it on