Week 3, Run 1 finished

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jtb0201

Week 3, Run 1 finished

Post by jtb0201 »

Having never run before, the step-up to 3 minutes from 1 +1/2 seemed a lot more than I thought it would, though I pushed on and finished without having to stop. Anyone else near my progress? And if so, how did you find it?

Also, the 2nd run of this week is gonna have to be somewhere different. Going to wales, and the only really suitable place I can run nearby, as far as I remember, is the beach. I'll let you know how it goes :)
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)
Fifibelle

Re: Week 3, Run 1 finished

Post by Fifibelle »

I found it tough as well but kept going, have to say I felt great afterwards. My shin splints are sore so think I will have to get new running shoes. The knees are a little sore as well so have started running on grass, a run on the beach sounds really nice. :D
jtb0201

Post by jtb0201 »

Didn't choose the beach in the end, had a run along a road that just went up and down - was still tough, rain didn't help :lol:

Final run of week 3 later on tonight, I hope it doesn't kill me! Got my dutch Speaking exam tomorrow :P
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)
Icklerose

Post by Icklerose »

i just did week 3 run 1 on the treadmill last night and i have to admit i found it rather tough, had to pause the programme and the treadmill to catch my breath at one point (I have asthma and Cystic Fibrosis) then on the last 3 minute run i had to slow right down to walking pace on the last minute so got annoyed with myself, but as the nice lady said I did more than i was able to 2 weeks ago :)
Poppyfizz

Post by Poppyfizz »

Have just done wk 3 run 1. I was really worried it was going to be tough but I really enjoyed it. Luckily it was a lovely sunny day and I was running by the sea. Which took my mind off the times. I think it really helps if u try and not worry about how long u have left for each interval and suddenly u are done .

Saying all that I'm dreading w4!