Running shoes?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
kickboxerchick8

Running shoes?

Post by kickboxerchick8 »

Even on day 1, it's apparent that I'm going to need to replace my shoes. I don't have a ton of experience in buying running shoes, because all the workouts I do (as far as kickboxing and MMA is concerned) I am barefoot 100% of the time.

I know that the way I run has a huge impact on the shoes I need, so what kind of suggestions do you all have to find the perfect shoes?
Icklerose

Re: Running shoes?

Post by Icklerose »

I went to a running store and had a gait analysis done then was fitted with the correct running shoes and i have found a big difference with that. the store i went to was called run4it
kickboxerchick8

Post by kickboxerchick8 »

That's actually what I ended up doing last night. My husband and I went, because he needed new running shoes also. But he basically runs for a living. (He's a Marine.)
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

If you are used to exercising barefoot anyway, you might like to try your running like that. I've started this recently, and I like it – I built up by going through Get Running again.

I'm using these: http://www.vibramfivefingers.it/eng/footwear.aspx

There are a few other forum threads about ti, and lots on google. Search for "barefoot" or "minimal" "running".

Happy running,
Benj