Week 5 begins!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
jtb0201

Week 5 begins!

Post by jtb0201 »

Just ran the first of week 5, and it wasn't all that bad. Got a bit wheezy at points, and finished with a major stitch, but i kept running. I suppose pace is the key, as I was running late and wanted to finish before 12:00 :P I know that running faster etc wouldn't change how long it actually was, but in my head, I was running late, so I guess that didn't help :roll:

Anyway, I feel like the 2nd will be quite the challenge, and the 3rd run may kill me!

All the best, Runners!
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)
samantha

Re: Week 5 begins!

Post by samantha »

keep up the good work and let me know how you get on, it's always great to read about the people a few weeks ahead of me!!

Week 4 next week and I am itching to get started!
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Well done :) I am 1 run ahead of you in week 5 - run 2 was this morning and wasn't too bad all in all. I am positively dreading Saturday though :?
Kkkrriissttiinnee

Post by Kkkrriissttiinnee »

Saturday I run week 5 run3....am I reading it wrong? How can we run for 20 minutes straigt without walking ?[/b]
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Kkkrriissttiinnee wrote:Saturday I run week 5 run3....am I reading it wrong? How can we run for 20 minutes straigt without walking ?[/b]
You're not reading it wrong, it's 20 minutes. Non-stop :o
adinnin

Post by adinnin »

Hiya,

I also ran week 5 day 2 this morning, the dreaded 20 minuter looms on Saturday.

I'm really achey as I came off my motorbike as well yesterday. Nothing serious. But it does hurt. But I'm not sure if it is the accident or the run this morning.

Good luck on Saturday. Let us know how you all get on.

Alex