I can now call myself a runner

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
samjdalton

I can now call myself a runner

Post by samjdalton »

Week 5 , Run 3 - DONE!

It was no where near as bad as I expected - I broke it down into 4 5 minute runs in my head and just focussed on finishing each run rather than the whole thing and it went remarkably quickly. I also was lucky to hit on my bet running music so far (My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges for anyone that cares). I covered just under 3km in the 20 minutes and burnt a little under 500 calories.

All in all a good mornings work.

Good luck to my fellow Get Runners who are doing Week 5 Run 3 today 8-)
samantha

Re: I can now call myself a runner

Post by samantha »

Wow!! I bet you feel fantastic :) well done
adinnin

Post by adinnin »

Congratulations. I finished the same run this morning. However I am not going to steal your post.

Good work. Really well done. I know hoe daunting it is !!!!
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Week 6 Run 1 done this morning. As I said on my blog(http://runningsam.com/) everything tells you it will be easier than wk 5 run 3, and as such you tend to go a bit faster. That obviously makes it quite challenging, but fun nevertheless :)
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Week 6 run 2 this morning - felt good this morning 8-)

Bring on the 25 minute run on Friday!
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Sam you got ahead of me by a day! :shock: My run 2 is tomorrow. Run 1 was fine. How are you feeling about the 25 minutes?
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

I know :D I started running every other day rather than taking the 2 rest days at the end of a week - I found that I was longing to get back out there and start the next week so I reduced it to one rest day. There's no doubt the 25 minutes will be a challenge - I need to work out how to fit it into my morning so that I can get some food inside me well in advance of running, being that I leave home at 7:30 for work it will mean getting up early :o
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

So that's run 3 done. 25 minutes non-stop. 3.5K covered. It was not easy that's for sure - it was hot and sweaty, but I got through it!
TX_Mom

Post by TX_Mom »

That's awesome! Good for you!!