Running tracks

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
littlelegs

Running tracks

Post by littlelegs »

Hey guys,

Hope you're all well and your running is going well.
This is just a quick post to see if anyone has any favourite songs to run to and if anyone has any suggestions of songs which helps them maintain their pace.
Alex20

Re: Running tracks

Post by Alex20 »

Hmmm...well LittleLegs I think it depends on personal taste a great deal. I like the dropkick murphys for running music, and some of the tunes from the rocky movies :) What music do you like?
roxydoodle

Post by roxydoodle »

Ministry of Sound Running Trax are really good motivational running albums.
TX_Mom

Post by TX_Mom »

I did Week 4, Run 3 today and discovered that I really enjoyed running to Pandora's "Today's Hits Radio" station. All the songs were upbeat and helped me keep my pace. Good luck in your search for good running music!
littlelegs

Post by littlelegs »

Yeeah, I was thinking about buying the ministry of sounds running album but didnt know if it would be a bit too fast, I normally like to run to music with a set beat that is maintained throughout the song. Like for example I dont really like the song, "till i collapse" by eminem and nate dogg but it really helps me to push through the moments when I feel like I can't do anymore, the intro sounds like an army drill and really kicks start the determintaion and motivation plus it also helps set my running pace, so that its steady.

I think out taste in music may be pretty similar Alex20 :) so all other suggestions are welcome :)
As are anyone elses of course :)
Hope all of your running is going well guys x
squigglies

Post by squigglies »

anything with a heavy bassline ;)
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

I found an audiobook was really good last time I ran (Wednesday) as it allowed me to totally zone out of the running. It was the best run I've had so far - I ran for 30 minutes despite being told to stop at 25 minutes and felt like I could go on forever!