1st June, 1st run, 1st blog!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Rachelstewart1

1st June, 1st run, 1st blog!

Post by Rachelstewart1 »

Feel great to have started challenge this morning. So far so good although realise I am really rather unfit. But loved the support of app :-)
Tink

Re: 1st June, 1st run, 1st blog!

Post by Tink »

Hiya! I did my first run today. Woke up and felt I just had to get started. When I got back I discovered it's national running day today. What a coincidence! Anyway,I'm unfit toobut love the app and looking forward to the 9 week programme.

Yay us!
Tink x
Rachelstewart1

Post by Rachelstewart1 »

Brill Tink, look forward to hearing how you and I get on. Bring on run 2 my new online running bud :-)
Tink

Post by Tink »

Oh my goodness. My friend has talked me into a half marathon in October! Looking forward to tomorrow's run. I'm glad I've got an online buddy too.
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Tink wrote:Oh my goodness. My friend has talked me into a half marathon in October! Looking forward to tomorrow's run. I'm glad I've got an online buddy too.
:o

Best of luck with that! I really wish I had the guts to sign up for something like that! I merely have 2 5Ks booked (one in July and one in October).
Rachelstewart1

Post by Rachelstewart1 »

Half marathon, yikes but hopefully by then it won't seem half as scary... Doing my second run this afternoon, so will update then :-)
Rachelstewart1

Post by Rachelstewart1 »

2nd run mainly a walk as too warm. So an going to attempt again tomorrow morning.
Tink

Post by Tink »

2nd run didn't go so well. I got very painful legs. I suffer from Lymphodema and I've contacted the lymph nurses to see if I can run in my support tights. I am a keen walker and can literally walk for miles with no problems but perhaps running us just that more impactive that it causes problems. I am a little gutted by I'm off to buy some proper trainers as whether walking or running, I need good footwear.

I've seen that runners can buy compression tights but they may not be tight enough.

Anyway, sorry to prattle on. You're not my therapist! Yesterday was very hot though, so I understand why you mainly walked.

Keep it up!

Tink
Rachelstewart1

Post by Rachelstewart1 »

Hi Tink sorry not signed in for couple of days hope you are sticking to it. I have some Nike trainers and I must say worth it. I am with you on being able to walk for miles. I didn't do another run till Sunday went ok then great 6 mile walk with dogs. Started wk 2 run 1 today boy was it hard work that extra half minute.

Stick with it bud :-)
Rachel
Tink

Post by Tink »

Hi Rachel.

All is good. Spoke to nurses and I have to run in tights. So it's back to week one again! How you getting on ?

Tink x