Oh hello Week 5 :)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
samantha

Oh hello Week 5 :)

Post by samantha »

So, I finished week 4 yesterday which means Monday brings forth the eagerly anticipated, yet somewhat intimidating, week 5!!!

On Fridays W4 R3 I deviated from my usual route and went on roads which were not as flat as usual. I was doing great, I ran past a local pub and saw a lady outside having a smoke and half a cider :) she must have thought that I wished I was in her position instead of my own sweaty, red faced state- BUT I didn't. I have never been a drinker but a smoker, yes. I quit not long after starting this ap, after 20 a day for 10 years, 99% of the reason I quit was to be a better runner. I have fallen in love with it, despite never being a sporty or competitive person. But anyway I am going off topic - but for the record I have not smoked since I quit :)

Anyway, I was doing great on the run until the way back when I was clearly all out of energy- which was my own fault for having a paltry cereal bar alone for lunch. I just hope my body is gonna help me out on Monday but I believe in the ap as I have not missed one run yet or not been able to complete one so I have faith I will smash it :)

Bring on Monday!!
samjdalton

Re: Oh hello Week 5 :)

Post by samjdalton »

Well done, and best of luck. Week 5 is not so bad - it really is a mental thing more than anything - you *know* you can do it!

Enjoy!
jtb0201

Re: Oh hello Week 5 :)

Post by jtb0201 »

Congratulations on finishing week 4, and good luck with 5. Like Sam said, it's about your mindset, and like something I read a while back, the app doesn't set you anything impossible :) good luck!
visit my blog of getting fit at http://germanjohn.tumblr.com/ :)