Struggling with week 4 HELP needed please x

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Rileybaby

Struggling with week 4 HELP needed please x

Post by Rileybaby »

Hi, I've completed weeks 1-3 with no real problems however last night I REALLY struggled with week 4 run 1. Any help / tips would be greatly appreciated, I did the first 5 min run but really could not do the second any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
samjdalton

Re: Struggling with week 4 HELP needed please x

Post by samjdalton »

In what way did you struggle? Was it being out of breath or your legs? The best tip I have is to slow down all of the runs to make sure you can get to the end. It's tempting to do the first couple of runs too fast, but then you will suffer in the last couple.

When you say you struggled with the 2nd run, was that the 3 minute run or the 2nd 5 minute run?
Rileybaby

Post by Rileybaby »

I struggled with my breathing on the second 5 min run found that no matter how slow i went it made no real difference!
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Rileybaby wrote:I struggled with my breathing on the second 5 min run found that no matter how slow i went it made no real difference!
I can only suggest going a bit slower in the *previous* runs so you have something left in the tank for the last run.