Weight change?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Candlegirlcat

Weight change?

Post by Candlegirlcat »

I started this week (have two successful runs completed) and have really enjoyed them. This will be a struggle for me as I am 40 lbs overweight and not a graceful, lanky beautiful runner. But, I'm doing it for my health! That makes me happy. Has anyone experienced weight loss/ body changes while working through this program? Need that motivation!
Alex20

Re: Weight change?

Post by Alex20 »

Oh yes, you will most definately see your body change, youll like it :)
kc1982

Post by kc1982 »

Hi, I have been doing this program for 6 weeks (did Wk 5 twice!), and while I haven't actually lost any weight on the scales, I have lost ALOT in my waist and face (according to my friends anyway). So be aware that you may not lose on the scales, but you will def notice a change in your body. Good luck! :P
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Hi I also started with 42lbs to lose but now about 34lbs :D Without reducing your calorie intake you wont see a huge difference in the scales for a while. What I am really noticing is the tone in my legs. They feel firmer and look better for having a bit of shape. The weight loss is also getting easier as I am going through the programme and increasing my exercise. Good luck!
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com