Survived week 5 run 3 (but it was close!!!)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
AliM

Survived week 5 run 3 (but it was close!!!)

Post by AliM »

Tonight I survived week 5 run 3 but it was really really hard. Run 2 felt really good but today just felt wrong, even from the 1st 5 minutes... But- I DID IT ANYWAY!!!!!! I ran (well staggered) for 20 minutes without stopping and I feel very brave!!!! When the voice told me that I had run for the required time I nearly cried... Don't know where that came from , probably from the depths that I had just plumbed go keep going. Worth it though!!
TX_Mom

Re: Survived week 5 run 3 (but it was close!!!)

Post by TX_Mom »

Congratulations to you! You're officially a runner now!! :) I, too, completed my Week 5, Run 3 today and I wholeheartedly agree that it wasn't easy, but we did it!!!
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Congrats! It's a real achivement. I am now due for my run 3 week 7 and still feel that the 20 minute run was the biggest achievement of the programme. I think if we can go from 8 minutes to 20 then the rest is easy(er) :D Running 25 minutes is hard but I feel damn good every time I finish it!
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
samantha

Post by samantha »

How's Week 6 going?!

I am due to start tomorrow. Can't wait :) x
AliM

Post by AliM »

Well. Due to run week 6 run 1 today. Been out all day, it's pouring with rain and cold......but apparantly I'm a runner now so trainers on I'm going out to get v wet.!!
samantha

Post by samantha »

Ooh keep us updated!! Running in a downpour, now that is dedication!!
AliM

Post by AliM »

Run1 week 6... Tick. In torrential rain and very windy. Not too bad actually as I don't like getting hot. Saw some dog walkers who obviously thought I was the local lunatic. The hair straighteners have been working hard today.
The run was not that easy but I did push the pace for the first 5, 8 minutes felt longbut recovered much more quickly after each section. So... In summary. Running still really hard but recovering faster.
Wishing everyone a good week 6.