Rubbed raw :(

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Kate-leth

Rubbed raw :(

Post by Kate-leth »

Ok so loving this app, got to week 5 it's being an enjoyable struggle, but I've invested in these spanking new trainers wore them thinking I was the bees knees for my run yesterday and they have rubbed my heels raw and I cant get them back on again as my feet are so sore, I hope some one can give me some advice of what to do when trainers rub, are they correct fitting or should try too take them back Or the best ways to break trainers in. Thanks a very rubbed up the wrong way runner! :) x
samjdalton

Re: Rubbed raw :(

Post by samjdalton »

It's not normally the fault of the trainers, rather the socks. Cotton socks are bad as they retain sweat and then tend to rub. Proper technical socks (I wear Fox River ones and have not had any issues at all) are low friction and don't absorb sweat in the same way. It *could* the the trainers though, and it's worth getting them checked out. You could also look at slatering your feet in BodyGlide to help with the friction.