I did it!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
scouser

I did it!!

Post by scouser »

Can't believe that today I ran for 20 minutes without stopping, I'm so chuffed with myself!

At the end when she said I can now call myself a runner, I was nearly in tears and it's now given me great motivation to continue.

Does anybody know why I now can't run until Wednesday and also if there's another app or programme for after the 9 weeks - I love the motivation and am nervous of running without a coach?

Cheers everybody for the posts as I've been reading them and they keep me going - good luck to all you runners!!
samantha

Re: I did it!!

Post by samantha »

Well done :)

It's a great feeling isn't it! If your next run is Wednesday it's so your muscles and body can regenerate and build up again etc, but I read that someone ran every other day and emitted the 2 rest days - but just go with what feels best for you I guess :)

I have my Week 6 Run 1 tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes!!
AliM

Post by AliM »

Well done scouser. I've just done week 6 run 1 having nearly killed myself finishing week 5. The rest days are to let you repair and avoid injury but I will confess that I have overruled the programme a few times without ill effects.
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Well done scouser. :) I am about to start week 8 tomorrow and personally I think going from an 8 minute rum to 20 minutes in week 5 is the toughest. I really think they put that in there so we could see how possible running for 30 minutes is. I love the way I feel after a run :D :D :D
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
kickboxerchick8

Post by kickboxerchick8 »

There are two rest days at the end of each week so you can rest and your muscles can rebuild, but after doing your first 20 minute run and jumping up to that from 8 minutes, your body needs more than one day to recoup.