Encouragement

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Tracyluttrell1224

Encouragement

Post by Tracyluttrell1224 »

I am a completely new runner and I never finish anything. I REALLY want to do this! I need all the help and encouragement I can get. I have two small children so I have to get up early before their daddy leaves for work to do my runs! Any encouragement will be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :D
samjdalton

Re: Encouragement

Post by samjdalton »

Go for it! I had never run before 8 weeks ago and I just finished Week 9 Run 1 and have already run one 5K race with another scheduled for this weekend. You can do it, just take it one step at a time and give it 100%!
percy

Post by percy »

You can do it! I have two kids, the youngest is 13 months and still has some shocking nights but every other day I get up at 6am and go running :) it's blinking hard as I'm in new Zealand and it's winter but I still go out and do it.

I love having something that is just for me - that I don't have to or can't share with the kids or the husband. It's fabulous how quickly I am getting fitter. I just love running now!
TX_Mom

Post by TX_Mom »

Good for you! You absolutely can do this and although I haven't completed the program yet, I just know that finishing it will bring about such an awesome feeling of accomplishment!!

I have 2 little ones, too, and on 2 of my 3 weekly runs I wake up early to do them before the girls get up. I also am looking forward to possibly taking the girls out for a spin in the double-jogger on one of my runs. I have hesitated to do it prior to now because I didn't think I could manage keeping myself propelled for 25 minutes much less push a double-jogger while doing it, but after today's run I'm feeling a bit more confident. Just remember to keep a good, steady pace that will still allow you to carry on a conversation and you'll be able to officially call yourself a runner in no time!
Tracyluttrell1224

Post by Tracyluttrell1224 »

Thank you! I almost talked myself out of my run this morning! What got me out of bed was knowing how dissapointed I would be if I didn't go! Thank you for your encouragement! Happy running!
kickboxerchick8

Post by kickboxerchick8 »

After tearing my ACL playing soccer, running has always been hard for me. I was kickboxing and avoiding running at all costs, because I hated it, and because it was hard for me to do without knee pain. But after starting the c25k program, I've been enjoying my runs, and really wanting to run on my off days!

Don't ever let yourself get talked out of skipping a run, or putting it off until "tomorrow", because sometimes, tomorrow never ever comes. You can take an extra day off if you need to, but at some point you're just putting it off and not going because you don't want to. Then, before you know it, you quit.