Do I run today? Help!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
squigglies

Do I run today? Help!

Post by squigglies »

Bit of a dilemna...

My boyfriend has had a stinking cold all week and I think I'm starting to get it today. I don't feel too bad yet, but my glands in my neck are pretty swollen and my throat feels a bit scratchy...I'm thinking I'll probably wake up tomorrow with a full blown cold.

Normally I would just go out for a run today as I actually don't feel completely awful yet. BUT I have a job interview tomorrow morning and I obviously want to be on top form for then. I'm thinking I'm probably going to have to go along to this interview feeling a bit crappy anyways but not sure if running today will make my cold progress quicker.

Do you think running today will make me feel worse or better tomorrow?

Any advice welcome!
kickboxerchick8

Re: Do I run today? Help!

Post by kickboxerchick8 »

If the cold/icky feeling is only your head and throat, I would run it, as long as you aren't coughing and can breathe okay. I got hit with a cold last week, and was coughing a lot, so I took the time off, and I really regret it. I wish I had just sucked it up and run, because I could tell almost immediately that I was losing progress.