I finished Week 6, Run 3 and I feel AWESOME!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
TX_Mom

I finished Week 6, Run 3 and I feel AWESOME!!!

Post by TX_Mom »

So I did my 25 minute run today and when I finished I still felt like I could keep on going. This is awesome to me because with my Week 5, Run 3, I thought I was going to pass out as I was doing it. Then, somewhere in between those 2 runs I realized what my problem was...

When I was in high school, I was part of the Track & Field team and I would mainly do 100m dashes, 200m dashes. Of course that was 15 years ago, but I was trying to keep a fast-ish pace as I'm doing these runs because that's what came naturally to me from what I remembered in high school.

Then, I think I read a post on here that said when you run you should be able to carry on a conversation, my first thought was, are they crazy?!? I can barely breathe let alone carry on a conversation! And then the light bulb went off that I was doing this all wrong, so I took it nice and SLOOOOOOOW today and absolutely, positively loved it. I'm SO happy!!! :D