Week 5, or week 4 again??

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Kate

Week 5, or week 4 again??

Post by Kate »

I finished week 4 today and am quite pleased with myself however. I did find a BIG challenge! I definitely could not of held a conversation during my last run! I am feeling very nervous about week 5 and do not feel ready for it at all. I am feeling like I should repeat week 4 rather than start week 5, what do you think I should do??
samjdalton

Re: Week 5, or week 4 again??

Post by samjdalton »

Go for it! Week 5 is mainly about getting your head right it really is. Take each run even slower than you think and you'll get through it, and there's nothing to lose - if you don't get through week 5 then repeat week 5, but there's no reason not to try. Best of luck!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Well done with your running!

Heh – I started to write this before the previous answer arrived above. You can take your pick of our contrasting approaches. It's your preference that you should follow :-)

When I went through the program, I was easy on myself. That worked well for me, and it sound like it would work for you too. If you feel like you would like to spend more time in week four, then repeat that pattern for a few more runs until you feel comfortable to move on.

Remember that getting to exercise and enjoy yourself is the important thing. There is plenty of time to improve!

Happy running,
Benjohn
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

I cant hold a conversation during any of my runs and am at week 9!!!! :D :D :D :D

42lbstolose.blogspot.com