I completed my first 5k!!!

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
caffrin

I completed my first 5k!!!

Post by caffrin »

Hi I just have to tell everyone I completed my first ever 5k with parkrun.com incorporating my week 8 run 3 :shock: !!!!!! I thought I was going to walk most of it but didnt want to be looking for the finish line when in fact they have all packed up and gone home, so I slow jogged the whole way round and did it without stopping!!!! :D :D
I will still complete week 9 but am definitely going to do the parkrun next saturday too. I am 3 stone overweight and was very unfit before I started this programme. My advice to anyone struggling is to stick with it and go as slowly as you need to. I still can't believe I did it!

http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
Jimmy Ash

Re: I completed my first 5k!!!

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Well done :D
samjdalton

Post by samjdalton »

Well done!!! Congratulations for getting out there and giving a go, and succeeding! ParkRun is a great organisation, I definitely encourage everyone to get out and do one as their first 5K organised run.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Fantastic Caffrin, well done!

Thank you very much for the link to parkrun.com too – I really should have known about them before, but better late than never! I'll definitely tweet about them shortly as they look like a great match for Get Running users!

Happy running,
Benjohn
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Thanks guys I am really pleased with myself :D and yes, Benjohn, I think parkrun is an excellent way to finish the programme because its non intimidating, every Saturday and best of all it's free!