Bye Bye Get Running

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
samjdalton

Bye Bye Get Running

Post by samjdalton »

So the day came today for me to say good bye to GetRunning at C25K. It's been a great 9 weeks, and I wouldn't have believed I would get so far in such a short time. I started the programme on April 27th, and completed it today June 20th. At the start, I could barely run for a minute and getting to the end of week 1 really felt like an achievement! This morning I went out and ran my final 30 minutes, I was able to control the pace and speed up pretty well at the end and really feel that I could have gone on and on. I've run 2 timed 5K runs already and have a PB of 34:25 so the programme has certainly done its job!

So, what's next? I have 2 10K races booked this year (as well as quite a few other 5Ks) so really need to start on a 5K to 10K training programme. I think I am going to go with Bridge210K in the absence of a GetRunning version, but I can't imagine it being as good and as motivating as GetRunning has been.

I'll sign off with a heartfelt thank you to Benjohn for creating an app which has - with no exaggeration - changed my life. I really never thought I'd enjoy running, but it's well and truly taken over my life!

Best of luck to those that are doing the programme now, and to those that come later.
caffrin

Re: Bye Bye Get Running

Post by caffrin »

Really well done Sam you have been an inspiration to me!I'm not sure I will put myself in for a 10k quite yet though! Good luck with your 10k runs :D

Catherine xx
Kate

Post by Kate »

Congratulations! You have inspired me to keep going!!
Ruthyo

Post by Ruthyo »

And me! Well done! x
Jimmy Ash

Post by Jimmy Ash »

Sam please don't dessert us. Stay on the forum and keep us updated with your 10k attempts as like the others you have been an inspiration to me!