W5D3 HELP

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Bonnylee

W5D3 HELP

Post by Bonnylee »

I know I am not the first to be a bit apprehensive about this first long run. Any Words of wisdom or encouragement? I will be attempting it tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!!
caffrin

Re: W5D3 HELP

Post by caffrin »

Hi Bonnylee
this may be a bit late but first of all dont worry! Although I made my husband come with me when I did mine in case I collapsed. I didnt - obviously ;) Second, take it slowly, it's not a race, all you need to do is complete 20 minutes. Third listen to music, audio book, podcast anything to take your mind away from the time. Fourth, well, I don't have a fourth really apart from just do it, you will be soooo pleased with yourself when you do !!!
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck :D :D :D
Bonnylee

Post by Bonnylee »

Thanks Caffrin, I got your message just as I was heading out and I am happy to report...I DID IT! I am not breaking Any speed records but I jogged the whole thing! I am so amazed at my progress in only 5 weeks. Starting this process, I wanted it but am not sure if I really believed I could do it. Now I KNOW I can!! I am a runner!!
caffrin

Post by caffrin »

Hey well done you! From now on the rest is easy I PROMISE!!!! ;)