9 weeks of running, done :-)

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
caffrin

9 weeks of running, done :-)

Post by caffrin »

Well, I am a little sad to finish, but massively chuffed with myself for completing the programme without injury or giving up at any point. My enthusiasm for running has grown as each week passed by. I have completed two 5k runs with parkrun which actually weren't anywhere near as bad as I thought they were going to be. Possibly due to my slow but steady pace! I am off on holiday for two weeks but will definitely be taking my running gear with me. For the moment I am going to concentrate on getting my time up on the 5k runs which I hope to do most Saturdays.
The forum here has been really motivating for me and full of very good advice and a very helpful insight into what was to come each week.Thanks guys :D I also lost 10.7lbs!! I still have more to go but my running and healthy eating will see to that.
Thanks to Benjohn and Matt
Good luck to everyone else.
Happy running
:D :D :D :D :D :D
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
benjohn

Re: 9 weeks of running, done :-)

Post by benjohn »

:-) Absolutely brilliant, caffrin!

We'd love to put a photo of you up on our home page (and of every other finisher too), ideally as you're running over a finish line in your running gear! Have a look at How it'll look, and if you're happy to, send us a picture and a brief explanation to i-got-running@getrunningapp.com

Happy running!
Benjohn