Nasty virus

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
AliM

Nasty virus

Post by AliM »

Well, 2 weeks ago I ran week6R1 but have been really poorly. Feeling better now though still coughing. Want to start running again. Should I repeat week 5 or go back further. Desperate to get back in the groove.
Dawn

Re: Nasty virus

Post by Dawn »

HI,

I think if you go out on your first run back and take one of the earlier weeks that you know you will do and will ease you back in you will then know where you are in terns of your fitness. I recently came back to the program afetr a year (ish) and I didn't have to start again. I did a wk 2, then a week three, then started on wk 4, but have skipped a couple here and then. I know that you do lose your fitness but i bet once fully fit - you will find you haven't lost that much. :) Virus' can be nasty though so don't want to really push yourself till you are sure you are 100% again.

Dawn
AliM

Re: Nasty virus

Post by AliM »

Thanks Dawn. Really appreciate the encouragement. I am going to go out tomorrow evening and aim for a good week 4 run and will go further if it feels ok. I am competing in the Fastnet yacht race in August and am seeking to improve my general fitness. Don't want to lose my momentum now!!!