Starting again with a jog/run this time round

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
caffrin

Starting again with a jog/run this time round

Post by caffrin »

I finished the programme a week ago :D and have been scrabbling around to find a new programme as I aim to do 5k parkruns most Saturdays. My goal at the moment is to get my 5k down from 40 minutes to 30 minutes - probably a minute at a time. Benjohn suggested redoing the programme replacing the walks with jogs and the runs with runs so I tried it today. Phewwy it was hard! I think my runs are too fast. I still had to walk some of the walks :roll: Is anyone else doing the same thing?
http://www.42lbstolose.blogspot.com
TX_Mom

Re: Starting again with a jog/run this time round

Post by TX_Mom »

I'm about to start Week 9 on Sunday, then I have my very first 5k on 7/16 but after that I had planned on doing the program all over again but this time around I'd be doing it with my almost 5 yr old. She's really taken an interest in running especially since my hubby's a runner and I started this program. Depending on how she fairs, I may try the jog/run instead of the walk/run.
Dawn

Re: Starting again with a jog/run this time round

Post by Dawn »

Have you heard of the Bridge to 10K? I was gonna have a go at that....will miss Get Running though! ;( hint hint!