A week off?

Just starting out with Get Running? Chat about the basics of running, what clothes to wear, where to run... anything you like!
Nicjayrob

A week off?

Post by Nicjayrob »

I was meant to be starting week 4 tomorrow, but unfortunately i am going to have to have the next week off. We r going away for the weekend & then on tuesday my little boy will be going into hospital for the week!!
I'm really anxious about not doing my runs, as i really enjoy them now, & also do not want to "fall behind" as i have been doing so well
i was thinking that maybe as soon as i get home & can manage a run, that i would re- do week 3, & then carry on from there!
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thankyou in advance!
Toilet Duck

Re: A week off?

Post by Toilet Duck »

I think as you have to take the week off, then its probably best that like you said repeat W3, and continue from there. But be careful running the first run of W3, if you have no problems, then you should be ok and be able to drop back in in no time.

The other option may sound a little hard faced, but running's a well known way for relieving stress and tension, so make time while your son is in hospital and keep up the running (its only a half hour). It would probably be good for you to have a little break during the week to blow off some steam. And as your son's in hospital he's going to be supervised by the hospital staff, so he'll be well looked after.

Either way, hope your son does good in hospital.
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Just wanted to pass on best wishes to your Son too.

If you're feeling okay, you could continue from the end of week three rather than going to the start of it again. I don't think it will have a terrible effect though, as it sounds like you definitely have the will!

All the best,
Benjohn
TransTina

Post by TransTina »

Best wishes for your son.

Get him sorted, your running can wait!
Best wishes

Tina

It costs a lot to look this cheap
Nicjayrob

Post by Nicjayrob »

Thanks for your inpu peeps!!
Well it turned out i had nearly 2 weeks off running, & finally got back out there this morning. I decided to start week 3 from the beginning again. I just couldnt face 5 min runs just at the mo. Good job to, cause i did struggle a little, but amback on track now & looking forward to my run on tue!!
Thanks again!!
benjohn

Post by benjohn »

Glad to hear you got back, and thanks for letting us know! Hope that your son is doing well, best wishes from me.